Make some Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes this St Patrick’s Day with Bailey’s Icing!!
For the cupcakes:
60g cocoa powder
250g plain flour
400g caster sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
150g soured cream
For the icing:
200g caster sugar
300g butter, softened
1 tablespoon Baileys®
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
Instructions to make the icing:
1. In a small saucepan beat the egg with fork. Add milk and sugar, whisking thoroughly. Put on medium-low heat and cook, whisking constantly to prevent burning. Bring to the simmer and cook until mixture thickens slightly this should still be a bit runny consistency.
2. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
3. Whip softened butter using eclectic mixer or whisk until fluffy. Gradually add the cooled sauce, 1-2 tablespoons at a time, beating after each time you have added. Add the Baileys® and cocoa powder and whip until the icing becomes light and fluffy. You can put the bowl of icing in the fridge for 1 hour to get a good piping consistency.
4. Use a piping bag and nozzle to decorate cupcakes.
Instructions for cupcakes:
1. Preheat your Vintage Cupcake and Muffin Maker or your Retro Diner 3in1 Sweet Snack Maker whilst you make the mixture.
2. Bring Guinness and butter to the hob set aside until butter has melted, stirring occasionally. Stir in cocoa powder until smooth.
3. Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a bowl until thoroughly combined.
4. In a different bowl, beat the eggs and the soured cream together until well mixed.
5. Slowly whisk in the Guinness mixture, then the flour mixture. Mix until the cake mixture is smooth.
6. Spoon the mixture into your machines using a table spoon. Roughly 1 and 1/2 tablespoons. Close lid and leave for 5 minutes. Check after 5 minutes as some cakes may need another 1-2 to minutes.
Now take your icing out of the fridge and decorate your cupcakes! Add some Brown and Green sprinkles for effect !!
Enjoy GG x